Are you the Listing Agent for an upcoming closing?
Your sellers may already have gathered all the paperwork needed for closing day, but there are a few other tasks they need to handle before they get to the closing table.
Here is a great checklist you should provide your sellers with prior to closing.
- Clean the entire house, including inside drawers and cabinets.
- Close utility accounts and have them shut off on the day of closing.
- Place all keys (house, mailbox, pool, etc.), garage remotes, alarm, and gate codes, etc. in one place, such as a drawer closest to the refrigerator.
- Create a packet of appliance manuals, service contracts, warranties, etc. and place them in the same drawer.
- Visit usps.com/manage/forward.htm to direct the post office to forward your mail. Also, consider leaving a large, stamped envelope that’s addressed to your new home so the buyers can forward any important mail that ends up at your former home.
- Cancel newspaper subscriptions if you have any.
- Do a final sweep of every drawer, cabinet, and surface to make sure you haven’t left anything behind.
- Lock up the house, turn off the lights and close the blinds on the way out.
- Make a note to cancel homeowner’s insurance after the closing is complete and the title has been transferred or the deed recorded.
[Sources: homelight.com, thebalance.com, Florida Realtors®]
Dalton Wade is a real estate brokerage business disruptor, think of us like Uber, Amazon or AirB&B as a company who is thinking outside the traditional real estate brokerage box to deliver to you the “Real Estate Agent” better technology, leads, training and support at a fraction of the cost of what most brokerages charge their agents! We provide you with all the tools you need to function effectively in an ever-increasing digital real estate world.We are a 100% Commission Brokerage, with over 900 Florida based real estate agents. Our base package starts at $79/month & $79/transaction. For more details click https://joindaltonwade.com/join-dalton-wade/