In Today’s market we are seeing more virtual showings than ever before. Here are some ways for you to prepare yourself and your seller, to ensure that potential buyers are getting the best experience through virtual showings.
9 Ways to Prepare for a Virtual Showing
Tomorrow’s market will likely be a mix of in-person and virtual showings. Here’s how you can make the best of your virtual showing.
1. Declutter. Clutter is a major distraction when buyers are viewing a home. You want them to focus on all the great features of the house, not look at the stack of mail cluttering the kitchen counter.
2. Depersonalize. Remove items like framed family photos and memorabilia. It’s hard for a buyer to picture living in the home if they see photos of you everywhere.
3. Remove all signs of pets. In the same way that you should depersonalize, tuck away pet toys, bowl and bed. Not everyone is a pet person.
4. Turn on lights and open doors. To minimize the surfaces being touched, turn on all the lights and open all doors before walking through to livestream or film the home.
5. Open blinds. Natural light is an essential when filming a home. Open the blinds and let as much light in as possible so the camera picks up all the beautiful details of each room.
6. Plan the route around the house. Be sure to work with your Seller to plan a clear route around the home that shows off each room and is clear of trip hazards.
7. Think about your prospective buyer. If you’re doing the virtual showing, be sure to tell them some unique details about the home so they can relay it in the livestream or video.
8. Tackle outdoor spaces. Prune any overgrown landscaping, cut back tree branches and mow the lawn.
9. Clean up the front entrance. The walkway to the property and the front entrance are the home’s first impression. Power wash outside, touch up paint in the entryway and clear out any dirt and grime that has collected around the edges.
[Source: NAR, Florida Realtor® magazine]
Dalton Wade is a real estate brokerage business disruptor, think of us like Uber, Amazon or AirB&B as a company who is thinking outside the traditional real estate brokerage box to deliver to you the “Real Estate Agent” better technology, leads, training and support at a fraction of the cost of what most brokerages charge their agents! We provide you with all the tools you need to function effectively in an ever-increasing digital real estate world.We are a 100% Commission Brokerage, with over 900 Florida based real estate agents. Our base package starts at $79/month & $79/transaction. For more details click https://joindaltonwade.com/join-dalton-wade/