Life as a realtor is busy- there are purchase agreements to write, inspections to order, questions to answer from clients and the list goes on! Luckily, there is a great tool that can be used to make your life a little easier, it’s called BrokerMint and it is office management software to keep you (and your transactions) organized. If you’re a Dalton Wade agent, this software is free and you get access when you join us, but if you’re not a Dalton Wade agent, you can purchase it on their website. Let’s take a closer look at all of it’s features!
Since realtors have to keep a copy of all transaction documents for the last 3 years, this is a perfect place to put them. Instead of taking up space on your computer or laptop, you can store all your documents in the software.
Here’s what you can do in BrokerMint:
- Keep track of all listings, pending sales, and rent/lease transactions
- Create unlimited number of real estate checklist templates, customizable to each aspect- i.e. buying, selling, renting, etc.
- Assign tasks to individual team members, upload important documents & leave comments
- Email documents in and out within the software system itself
- Handle tasks and documents on one combined list
- Assign multiple real estate checklists: listing, sale, escrow, post-closing, etc.
- Know at a glance which tasks are complete, still outstanding, and due soon with automatic deadlines and reminders.
- Set reminders for yourself for things such as the inspection period, appraisal to be ordered by lender or to ask for a review when the transaction is done
- These can be set to be triggered by the system when certain tasks are completed
Starting a Transaction in BrokerMint
To start a transaction in the system, you can create a new transaction or one will start because the system is notified by the MLS that a listing’s status has changed. For instance, a house has been submitted as under contract, so one will generate from that.
Each transaction will get it’s own email address so you can keep each document assigned to that particular address and portal.
You can also split up those huge packages of documents- you know, the 50+ page packages you get…You can pull certain pages out and organize them where you want so you don’t have to search through all the documents when you’re looking for a specific document. Organize them by subject or dates- whatever works for you!
Making BrokerMint Work For You
Like any program or software, you have to put some time into it. Take a little time to look around and get familiar with the different aspects of the software. Be sure to check it daily to make sure you’re on track with your calendar and checklists. Once you get in the habit of doing so, it will be easy and you’ll be organized!
At Dalton Wade we believe that today’s buyers and sellers need a trusted resource that can guide them through the complex world of real estate. With our extensive knowledge and commitment to providing only the best and most timely information to our clients and agents, we are your go-to source for real estate industry insight and advice. Contact us today to learn more!